Current/Recent Nyakyusa Research and Researchers
History - Anthropology - Archeology.
, Freiburg, Germany
- "Ritual und Identitšt. Vorkoloniale Geschichte in Unyakyusa von ca.1600 bis 1897",
PhD dissertation 1998
, Florida, USA
- "Transforming Obligations, Performing Identity: Making the Nyakyusa in a Colonial Context", PhD dissertation
, University of Hamburg,
- MA thesis "Difference and Identity" at Rungwe Station between 1891-1916. It is a
discourse analysis - with particular focus on the categories Volk, class and
gender - of missionary reports and letters which are held at the archive of
the Moravian Church in Herrnhut, Germany.
- Currently working on the ethnographic notes of the Moravian missionary Joseph Busse about Nyakyusa religion and magic.
- Nyakyusa - English - Swahili Dictionary (Mkuki na Nyota, Dar-es-Salaam
1996, ISBN 9976 973 32 2)
- Nyakyusa Stories
- Nyakyusa Handbook (funding ??)
- Universität Bayreuth, Germany
- Dictionary Project Nyakyusa - German
, Bayreuth, Germany
- Nyakyusa Women's language
Please help the Nyakyusa Homepage to keep up to date!
|| Nyakyusa home
|| On the net since December 1995
|| Last update: March 21, 2004